The Smithsonian Voyager web explorer has been created specifically for displaying, exploring, and sharing rich 3D data and models from museum collections and cultural heritage.
With a focus on storytelling, Voyager’s interactive engine offers a wide range of features and tools.
These features are already available:
- Fully customizable 3D annotations
- A customizable reader for documents, articles, images and videos
- A very flexible lighting setup
- A full featured animation engine for guided tours
- A hierarchical scene model with an unlimited number of cameras, lights, props, and models
- Support for a wide range of 3D formats including
glbwith Draco mesh compression.
- Tools for taking measurements and making cuts through objects
- The software is based on an entity/component model which is very easy to extend
What we’re working on
Currently we’ve plans for, or are working on the following features:
- Support for
X3Dscene format and
- Post-render effects and HDRI based lighting
- Additional annotation styles